Monday 19 March 2018

Back on the Job

What an interesting life we lead.  It has now been several years since I used my Pilgrim Principal blog to share information with ... well the world.

Previously I was in Spain with a group of students, teachers and adults from the college which I was then Principal of in Hervey Bay Australia, we were walking the Camino de Santiago.  That was in 2015 and life has moved on since.  Prior to that I shared my family's journey on the same road in 2013.

I am now the principal of Faith Lutheran College Redlands, it is a Prep to Year 12 school in Brisbane Australia.  Bayside looking over beautiful Stradbroke Island.

While this blog has always been about my travels to Spain in my capacity as a school principal, it is now my intention to adapt it to include the regular writings and musings that I share with our college community.  Pretty much my fortnightly newsletter articles, but maybe a bit more from time to time.

We are on a journey.  All of us are metaphorical pilgrims on the path of life.  Each of us is about something and heading somewhere, sometimes it is well defined and other times less so.  But we flit through life connecting the dots from moment to moment.

Maybe a birthday is coming up, maybe a child's birth, maybe buying or selling a home, maybe holiday to holiday, maybe job to job.  Maybe now to eternity.  Certainly I feel like I am going somewhere, personally, professionally, spiritually, intellectually ... hopefully physically as I get older and fatter.

So what's my point.  I reckon The Pilgrim Principal title still works.  As I share my professional thoughts and writings they may not be directly connected to a pilgrimage, but they are from me, a bloke who thinks and feels like he is still ultimately headed towards some significant destination, maybe nearer, maybe further, maybe into eternity.

So, subscribe or follow or click on whatever you click on to get the regular updates.  Hopefully fortnightly, hopefully worth reading.

Buen Camino
Shane Altmann
thepilgrimprincipal

No comments:

Post a Comment